Factors Causing Cramps
Unfortunately, cramping is caused by a variety of ailments, including
- Poor circulation
- Smoking or drinking – Alcohol makes the veins swell. Too much alcohol can cause permanent damage resulting in spider veins
- Obesity – Your body weight has a direct impact on your circulation. When you are overweight, there is increased pressure on legs and feet
- Pregnancy – Similar to the problem of maintaining a healthy body weight, the effects of pregnancy causes increased pressure on legs and feet
- Inactivity – An active exercise regime keeps blood flowing
- Extended periods of standing or sitting
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) – A blood clot in the deep vein of the legs, causing Post-thrombotic syndrome
- Varicose veins
The Venowave works because it pumps blood upwards towards the heart. Indeed, the Venowave increases blood flow in major veins in the leg by as much as 88%. (Source: Blood, Journal of the American Society of Hematology, 2002)
Venowave Can Help
The Venowave is scientifically proven to prevent DVT from occurring in at-risk patients. This unique medical device is lightweight (350g), discreet and allows patients to remain completely mobile. There are no wires, tubes or sleeves and it is comfortable to use.
When applied to the back of the calf, the Venowave prevents and treats leg cramps by improving circulation from the legs back up to the heart.